Cleaning & Maintenance
Hardwood Gymnasium Floors require both daily and annual maintenance to keep them looking there best year round and with gymnasium space being at a premium, maintenance of these facilities becomes a challenge for any maintenance crew.
Stalker Sports Floors is dedicated to helping our customers keep their floors in the best condition possible. We understand that the Gymnasium Floor is one of the most visible parts of your facilities and the way that it is maintained can reflect on the whole of your operations.
Stalker Sports Floors will contract with your facility for the annual maintenance of all your hardwood floors, which includes machine buffing and cleaning the floors and applying a fresh coat of gymnasium grad floor finish. Recommended floor finishes and the number of finish coats depends on your facility use and amount of down time required for the finish to cure. Please contact us for a free quote on your annual maintenance.
We have put together a Maintenance Floor Cleaning Program that can be specially designed to keep your floors looking great all year long and for years to come. Our trained technicians will come to your facility for a demonstration of our products. Products can then be purchased directly from this site.
Stalker Sports Floors has experienced technicians with extensive knowledge of hardwood floor systems. They can help discover the cause of damage to prevent further damage and able to repair specific areas as needed. Whether it is a Historic Restoration, Matching of an Existing Flooring or simply adding longevity to your floor, contact us when floor damage is first discovered. We can work with your insurance company and/or your restoration company to get your floor back into use as quickly and easily as possible.
WOOD GYMNASIUM FLOOR CARE
Daily Floor Care
- Dust Mop Floor 2-3 Times a Day to with MR Mag Dust Mop remove Daily Dirt and Grit
- Remove Gum Using a Putty Knife
- Wipe Up Pop or Sugar Drink Spills with Damp Rag and Rebounder Hydro Cleaner
- Clean Up Black or Shoe Marks (use a MR Mag Microfiber pad dry or an old tennis ball)
Weekly Floor Care
- Dust Mop Floor with MR Mag Dust Mop Lightly Spray an area 12’ wide by length of the courts or up to 120’with Hydro Cleaner or Multi Cleaner than tack floor with MR Mag Microfiber pads be sure to us a new clean pad in the main court area
- Check Expansion Joints for Signs of Changes in Humidity
- Check Entire Floor for Signs of Floor Damage (call Stalker Sports Floors if Damage is Detected)
Monthly Floor Care
- Dust Mop Floor with MR Mag Dust Mop Lightly Spray an area 12’ wide by length of the courts or up to 120’ with Hydro Plus Cleaner than tack floor with MR Mag Microfiber pads be sure to us a new clean pad in the main court area
- Allow floor to dry than Spray floor with Hydro Cleaner Plus and tack floor with MR Mag Microfibers Pads
Yearly or Bi-Yearly Floor Care
- Have Stalker Sports Floors inspect your floor for damages and warranty issues.
- Clean and coat your floor yearly and apply a minimum of 1 coat of Oil Base finish or two coats of water base finish.
After 8-12 Years
- Sand Wood Floor to Bare Wood, reline floor and apply 4 -5 new coats of Rebounder Gym Finish.
- Replace volleyball covers, Thresholds and Base board if needed.
Items Not to Use on Wood Gym Floors
- Household Products – These Products are Not Designed for Gym Floor Use and May Damage the Flooring or Floor Finish
- Never Use in the Gymnasium Any Material or Equipment that is Also Used in Hallways. This will Transfer Waxes and Other Chemicals to Gymnasium Floor.
- Do Not Use Any Disinfectants on Gym Floor this includes H2 orange 2
- Do Not Use Automatic Floor Scrubbers on the Gym Floor- The Weight of the Machine, the Continual Abrasion and Water Being Pushed into the Floor Will Cause Damage to the Floor Finish, the Flooring and the Under Structure.
- No Lifts or Heavy Rolling Objects on the Floor without Contacting Stalker Flooring for Specific Instructions on YOUR Gym Floor
- No Tape due to the New Floor Systems and VOC Requirements tape will pull finish
- Do Not Allow Food, Pop, Gatorade or Popcorn into the Gymnasium
Things That Will Cause Damage to the Wood Gymnasium Floor or Floor Finish
Rollerblades or Scooter Carts– The Wheels and Repetition Will Wear Floor Finish within a Short Time Period. The Static and Wheel Oil Can Make Your Floors Slippery.
Donkey Basketball-The Combined Weight of the Animal and Rider Will Cause Damage to the Floor Boards and Under Structure of the Gymnasium Floor.
Floor Hockey- The Hockey Sticks Cause Dings and Dents in the Floor Finish. High Use Areas (Near Goals etc.) will Show Wear to the Gym Finish Particularly in the Painted Areas.
Baseball and Shot Putt Practice- These Activities have High Velocity Impact onto Individual Floor Boards and Cause Damage to the Floor Boards and Under Structure of the Gymnasium Floor.
If You Have Any Questions Please Contact Steve Stalker at 920-475-0260 (cell) at Any Time Day or Night.